Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Blind Angels



JOE: Here are two poems with no unicorns or mermaids! I for one am breathing a sigh of relief! I don't think I could've taken that much longer!

One of the poems is about angels. I write about angels and demons quite a bit. These poems are just there. They're not very good...they're not very bad...they just sit on the page.

This page it illustrated by Blayac. The drawings are ok. I'm not quite sure where the face is from.

[BLAYAC: You know, I have no idea why I drew the face. You think I would have at least made it blind. Of course, sometimes its hard to figure out exactly how to illustrate some of Joe's poems, they can, on occasion, defy all attempts at description. I must agree that this is rather lackluster work on my part, but when you're illustrating the lion's share of a book as well as juggling a hundred other responsibilities (like working on two films, Laugh A Little and Blood Pudding, drawing your own comic book, etc.) your work may suffer in other areas. I'm not using that as an excuse, mind you, I know I have better material in this poem book waiting to see the light of day. At least, as good as an eighteen year old still learning his craft could produce at the time.]

1 Comments:

Blogger nixonreed said...

Ah it's okay it's better then some not as good as others. I'm surprised you could draw any pictures based on that fucked up poetry.

7:23 PM, September 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home