Saturday, August 20, 2005

Hello

This is my poem blog. Hello people. I will start by putting up my first poem book. How unlucky for you and me. I wrote all of them that will appear first in high school. It is not very good...but is my first attempt at a book of poetry. The reason I have decided to do that is...I hope to show the progression of a poet.  This will also show the progression of the illustrator.  My good friend Blayac is the man I go to for artwork.  If I’m not mistaken, this was the first book of poetry he illustrated.  He is the sole illustrator for the second book that will appear…In the Blackness I Laugh.  This little exercise has probably been done somewhere before...deal with it. Hopefully, the progression will go from bad to not so good to he's getting better and maybe someday he will be good.

Ok...the first book is called An Apparition or Two. It is illustrated mainly by my good friend Blayac. Other artists include, Darren Parsons...John Iverson...and Matt Schick.

While I was not happy with the overall finished project, it was the stepping-stone to bigger and better things. I would still like to go back, with Blayac's help, and improve it.

It is what it is. Enjoy!    

3 Comments:

Blogger WAMINGO PUBLISHING said...

I should point out that most of my drawings you will be seeing on this site are over ten years old. Personally, I cringe now whenever I look at them. I know I can do so much better.

4:47 AM, August 21, 2005  
Blogger Jessica said...

Well it is still awesome to see some of your work. I hate my old poems compared to my newer ones but I still like my old ones in a way because without them I wouldn't have progressed to write better quality poetry. :) I look forward to seeing more of course!

2:32 PM, August 22, 2005  
Blogger joe said...

Well thanks Jessica!

I hope Blayac and I don't dissappoint!

9:58 PM, August 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home