Friday, August 26, 2005

The Dragon

I like this picture. It looks like a man morphed into a dragon but kept human legs. It is the first full page picture in the book. I think it starts things off nicely...so...the poems start with the next post...my turn to place my head on the chopping block!

---Joe

[BLAYAC: Okay, this isn't as bad as I remember it, but you can definitely tell this is the work of an amateur. For one thing the legs don't seem to have any structure to them and the tail looks as if someone stapled it on the thing's backside (anyone else think the thing is minus an ass?). You can also tell that I wasn't very experienced yet at shading either. The picture looks as if it is waiting for a kid with a box of crayons to come by and color it. But I'm not looking to put myself down too much with these early drawings, so I'll close by saying that I do like the way the head is drawn, particularly the eyes and slightly open beak.]

4 Comments:

Blogger nixonreed said...

I think it'sa pretty good drawing. Stop the total self annihalation of yourself save that for me and others who are willing to do it for you. Kidding it's good work.

2:17 PM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger Jessica said...

I really like this pic!

2:03 PM, August 28, 2005  
Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said...

I didn't notice the flaws until you mentioned them and now they've ruined the picture for me. They are all I see. Stop that!

3:12 PM, August 30, 2005  
Blogger WAMINGO PUBLISHING said...

Yes, ma'am.

1:33 AM, August 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home