Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Angelic II



Here's a poem about angels.

When I was putting this book together, I found the earlier poem, Angelic. I'd forgotten I wrote that one. I was amused by how similar these two were. So here is another poem about that same thing written four years apart. Yeah, I see the previous picture bled through...enjoy!

[BLAYAC: Wow, I didn't contribute much to this one at all. I suppose I didn't add much here due to the fact that I knew the previous drawing of the angel and the badman would come before it. Still, that's no excuse for lackluster work as this picture so obviously is. I was afraid to add too much art to Joe's poems at times because I didn't want to accidently cover up a word or distract the reader from his prose. Which, ironically, is what I did with a couple of his poems on his next book. Joe was gracious about it, though, and told me that it would just make the reader have to concentrate more on his writing as he's reading it.]

5 Comments:

Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said...

I thought you spilled coffee all over it, thanks for clearing that up. It looks kind of cool that way though.

9:45 AM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Gayle said...

Thank you for your blog. It's refreshing to read a blog that isn't focused entirely on politics once in awhile. You have visited my blog, so I thought I should visit yours.

I absolutely love Angels!

10:52 AM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger joe said...

Thank you very much Gayle!

I will countinue to read your blog. I think you do a good job over there...and on Cody's blog as well.

6:59 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger SaffronSaris said...

I like the last line especially: "and I knew what the stars knew", don't have the vocab to describe my feelings, but it makes me feel so calm and comforted as though I am in a cocoon.

8:57 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger joe said...

Thank you Saffron!

1:17 AM, September 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home